The Right Warehouse Size Matters
This is the first tip on our list of warehouse renovation trends because it is one of the most important and directly relates to the longevity of your project. One of the main reasons businesses need to renovate or relocate their warehouses is because they run out of space. Having ample room to grow ensures your business can transition without major disruption to the operations. Plus, having lots of space also makes it easier for your employees to move around and navigate your warehouse, which will improve their overall efficiency.
Location, Location, Location
Warehouse renovation trends like this one will differ depending on the type of business you have and what your needs are. Businesses that complete direct-to-consumer orders will benefit from having a smaller space located in highly populated areas because it can make expediting shipments easier. Larger businesses are usually better off choosing a rural location because the large amount of real estate they require to operate will be cheaper, and it will be easier for trucks to access your location. Just remember to ensure there is adequate infrastructure to allow trucks to reach your warehouse easily.
Step Into The Future
One of the biggest warehouse renovation trends that is becoming popular is automation and modernization. Automating as much of your warehouse as possible can drastically increase the efficiency of your business and streamline shipping and distribution processes. Even if you don’t see the benefit of automation for your business, you should consider the POS software and technology options on the market. Don’t let your competitors leave you in the past, prepare your business for both the present and the future.
Keep It Cool
The rise in popularity of grocery food delivery and alternative food provider options have made refrigerated storage and distribution one of the hottest warehouse renovation trends. Constructing and renovating a refrigerated warehouse that meets the FDA and OHSA guidelines can be costly, so it’s important to work with a team of contractors who are experienced and highly skilled like the full-service team at Mirodan.
Ready to renovate your outdated warehouse?
The expert team at Mirodan can help.
Why We Are a Trusted Full-Service Contractor
1) We do projects for clients from start to finish! Our team handles everything from the initial drawings and permits, to the design and construction of your build, making the process straightforward and manageable!
2) We have completed custom residential, commercial, and industrial projects all across Canada.
3) We are proud to offer a 100% guarantee on all of our work. We always work hand in hand with our clients to ensure they get exactly what they want out of their project.
4) We strive to always be on budget and on time! We believe in full transparency with our clients through careful scheduling, planning, and communicating about the process and their needs!
5) We take control of project management from the start! If you have a complex job, but are without drawings and need a quote, we have you covered!
Mirodan Contracting has been servicing the construction needs of the Greater Toronto Area and beyond for 20 years. Our expert team has the skills and experience to complete any project in any industry.
Projects from Drawings and Permits to Construction
On Time. On Budget. Guaranteed.
Complex projects are our speciality!
We are your trusted partner for complex construction projects in the Greater Toronto Area.