Your commercial space represents who you are as a business, but it also dictates the quality of work you’ll get from your employees. We’ve come a long way from bleak cubicles, builders white, and fluorescent lighting. Today’s commercial spaces are all about performance, social interaction, and being environmentally conscious. We’ve highlighted a few commercial design trends that can help building owners and business owners get the most out of their workspace, and the team at Mirodan Contracting can help you every step of the way.
Optimize Your Space
One of the most popular commercial design trends is the open-concept office because it allows business owners to get the most out of their space, and it encourages collaboration. That being said, it’s imperative to make open concept commercial spaces functional as well. Open-concept designs are great because they give your employees greater access to each other, and it’s much better for their mental health than being stuck in a small grey cubicle. To have an open-concept space that is functional and practical, it’s important to consider employees’ unique needs. Adding individual concentration stations and personalized workstations into your design is a great way for your staff to enjoy the benefits of open concept design and still have functional workspaces where they can buckle down and focus.
Create an Identity
Another commercial trend that is becoming common practice is designing your office space to represent your brand’s identity. It’s a great way to get your employees in the right mindset the second they walk in the door, but it’s also an effective way to represent your values to clients when they visit. Portraying your brand’s identity through modern and creative interior design will spark creativity in your employees and make them feel more comfortable to express themselves and their ideas. Our designers can work with you to turn your brand’s ambitions and tone into an elegantly designed and functional workspace.
Be Environmentally Conscious
It’s no longer a badge of honour to have an environmentally conscious workplace, it’s become an expectation. Commercial design trends have advanced beyond just building using green technologies and materials, it’s important to create a space that encourages your staff to live green as well. Your workspace should be functional and comfortable, so simple things like incorporating lots of natural light into your design will encourage your employees not to turn on lights. It’s imperative to be environmentally conscious in today’s business world, and your commercial space should reflect that because it represents you as a brand.
Start designing the commercial space of your dreams with Mirodan Contracting!
Why We Are a Trusted Full-Service Contractor
1) We do projects for clients from start to finish! Our team handles everything from the initial drawings and permits, to the design and construction of your build, making the process straightforward and manageable!
2) We have completed custom residential, commercial, and industrial projects all across Canada.
3) We are proud to offer a 100% guarantee on all of our work. We always work hand in hand with our clients to ensure they get exactly what they want out of their project.
4) We strive to always be on budget and on time! We believe in full transparency with our clients through careful scheduling, planning, and communicating about the process and their needs!
5) We take control of project management from the start! If you have a complex job, but are without drawings and need a quote, we have you covered!
Mirodan Contracting has been servicing the construction needs of the Greater Toronto Area and beyond for 20 years. Our expert team has the skills and experience to complete any project in any industry.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
to learn more about our completed projects and to stay up to date with our current work.