Your reception area is the first thing your patients see when they enter your office or building, and it sets the tone for the rest of their visit. It’s important to discuss design ideas that can make your entrance and reception homier and more relaxing when you’re planning your renovations with your contractor because the rest of your office will need to be more functional. These are just a few examples of interior design features that will make your patients feel comfortable and at ease:
- Earth tones
- Live edge wood counters
- A gas or electric fireplace
- A wall-mounted Television
- Wood panelling
- Stone Tiles
- Comfortable seating
While functionality should always be the primary concern when you’re designing the individual offices in your practice, these renovation ideas can improve the atmosphere without diminishing professionalism. The design elements used in your entrance and reception areas should continue throughout your office to maintain the relaxation your patients feel at the reception, but they’ll need to meet your sanitation and functional needs as well. Avoid using carpet in your offices and operatories, and if you are using a stone tile, ensure that it is sealed so it can be easily cleaned and sanitized. It’s also a good idea to plan the layout of your workspaces and stations before construction begins so that you have all the necessary gas, water, and electrical hookups in the right locations.
Medical offices are set to a higher professional standard than many of today’s modern offices, but they should still make your staff feel welcome and valued, and these renovation ideas can help. If you design your lunchroom and staff common areas to feel like a home, it will help your employees feel more relaxed and reduce their day-to-day stress. Having a fully functional kitchen gives your staff the freedom to move beyond bagged lunches, and private lockers and cubbies ensure they’ll feel welcome because it gives them a place to store all of their personal items.
The possibilities are endless when you’re designing your medical or dental office space, but experienced contractors like those who make up our full-service team at Mirodan have the knowledge to help you narrow down which features you’ll need.
Thinking about renovating your medical or dental office?
Get the ball rolling by discussing your ideas and needs with the full-service team at Mirodan Contracting!
Why We Are a Trusted Full-Service Contractor
1) We do projects for clients from start to finish! Our team handles everything from the initial drawings and permits, to the design and construction of your build, making the process straightforward and manageable!
2) We have completed custom residential, commercial, and industrial projects all across Canada.
3) We are proud to offer a 100% guarantee on all of our work. We always work hand in hand with our clients to ensure they get exactly what they want out of their project.
4) We strive to always be on budget and on time! We believe in full transparency with our clients through careful scheduling, planning, and communicating about the process and their needs!
5) We take control of project management from the start! If you have a complex job, but are without drawings and need a quote, we have you covered!
Mirodan Contracting has been servicing the construction needs of the Greater Toronto Area and beyond for 20 years. Our expert team has the skills and experience to complete any project in any industry.
Projects from Drawings and Permits to Construction
On Time. On Budget. Guaranteed.
Complex projects are our speciality!
We are your trusted partner for complex construction projects in the Greater Toronto Area.