Experienced contractors know what to look out for when they undertake a basement renovation, and they have connections with experienced tradespeople who can complete the work to code. Experienced contractors also know which plumbing, electrical, and structural issues to watch out for when they’re renovating a basement, and can also inspect the condition of the foundation and look for signs of water damage. Aside from the stress you’ll avoid if you hire a professional contractor, instead of doing it on your own, you’ll also save money because they’ll get the job done right the first time. There are also a lot of benefits to having a licensed contractor complete your basement renovation.
Increase the Value of Your Home
We touched upon it briefly, but a renovated basement can increase the resale value of your home because it creates additional usable living space. If you want to get the most value out of your basement renovation, it’s important to have a licensed contractor complete the work because home inspectors will want to know that any plumbing and electrical work was done by professionals. In the long run, it’s worth it to refinance or take out a small loan if you have to because you’ll likely recoup the costs and potentially more when you go to sell your home.
Create an In-law Suite or Rental Property
Having a finished basement that doubles as an in-law suite is the easiest way to make your guests feel comfortable. We always say “make yourself at home” but having a living space that is completely theirs during their stay allows them to actually do that. You can also add a kitchen to your design plan and use it as a rental property for additional income. That being said, in order to get insured as a rental property the insurance company will likely want to know that the work was completed by professionals.
Additional Living Space
There’s nothing wrong with renovating the space for you and your family to enjoy either. Basements are extremely versatile, you can create extra bedrooms, a home office, or even just use it as a recreational space for the whole family to spend time in together.
Looking to renovate your basement?
The expert, full-service team at Mirodan Contracting is ready to help make it a reality!
Why We Are a Trusted Full-Service Contractor
1) We do projects for clients from start to finish! Our team handles everything from the initial drawings and permits, to the design and construction of your build, making the process straightforward and manageable!
2) We have completed custom residential, commercial, and industrial projects all across Canada.
3) We are proud to offer a 100% guarantee on all of our work. We always work hand in hand with our clients to ensure they get exactly what they want out of their project.
4) We strive to always be on budget and on time! We believe in full transparency with our clients through careful scheduling, planning, and communicating about the process and their needs!
5) We take control of project management from the start! If you have a complex job, but are without drawings and need a quote, we have you covered!
Mirodan Contracting has been servicing the construction needs of the Greater Toronto Area and beyond for 20 years. Our expert team has the skills and experience to complete any project in any industry.
Projects from Drawings and Permits to Construction
On Time. On Budget. Guaranteed.
Complex projects are our speciality!
We are your trusted partner for complex construction projects in the Greater Toronto Area.